Goolwa Tourism 5214
Welcome to Goolwa Tourism 5214 as we provide Goolwa visitor information for tourists visiting the region. This is designed to complement the resources that are available via the Alexandrina Council's Goolwa Visitor Information Centre which is on the corner of Cadell Street and Cutting Road, Goolwa.
The purpose of Goolwa Tourism 5214 is to bring together operators and individuals interested in local tourism and to promote activities and events that highlight the wide range of experiences available in this unique part of the world. A vibrant tourism industry in this region has a positive flow-on effect for all businesses. Tourism is a labour-intensive industry which the South Australian government has recognised as an important part of our economy for the future. Most operators are micro or small businesses which provide the cornerstone for the Alexandrina economy. Drawing together these small operators as a network is important in promoting the region to the rest of the world.
As well as offering benefits for businesses, tourism can enhance community life too. This can include improved infrastructure, extra entertainment opportunities, developing community pride, increasing cultural heritage experiences and additional employment prospects. Goolwa Tourism 5214 provides local operators with opportunities to improve their businesses, develop networks and provide memorable experiences for visitors.
It is a voice for local tourism.
Goolwa Tourism 5214 aims to promote this area as a destination as well as the focus for experiences available to all potential visiting groups – families, couples, youth, interstate and international visitors. Our closeness to Adelaide encourages day-trips but Goolwa and the Alexandrina region has so much to offer, longer and/or more frequent visits should be planned.
The Alexandrina Council has recognised the importance of the recreational vehicle travellers and has provided facilities for this growing group of visitors.
Members of Goolwa Tourism 5214
- Art @ Goolwa
- Artworx Gallery and Gifts
- Ausbow Industries
- Boat Haven Studios and Marina
- Canoe the Coorong
- Cruise the Coorong
- Fleurieu Distillery
- G.Think Studio.Design
- Goolwa Camping and Tourist Park
- Goolwa Hotel
- Goolwa Museum
- Jack's Place
- Lions Club of Goolwa
- Motel Goolwa
- Mundoo Island Station Tourism
- National Trust Goolwa
- Ocean Living Surf School
- River Dolls of Goolwa / Dollies Lollies
- Rose Eden
- South Lakes Golf Club
- Spirit of the Coorong
- Steam Exchange Brewery
- Trains and Treasures Goolwa Community Craft Shop
- Wenton Farm Holiday Cottages
- Alex-FM (Radio Goolwa) Community Radio
- Neighbourhood Watch Goolwa
- Encounter Bay Rotary - Goolwa Wharf Markets
- Organised regular Tourism Gatherings that have covered subjects like Storm Boy, Security and Scams, Exploring the Coorong, Accessible Tourism, Goolwa History Room,
- Organised workshops on Networking, Goolwa Stories, Bushfire Readiness for Tourism
- Supporting the Inland 'Rivers National Marathon Register
- Responded the the issue of protection for the Southern Right Whales nursery in Encounter Bay
- Worked with the Lower Lakes and Coorong Boating and Tourism group
- Developed a good working relationship with the Alexandrina Council
- Shared members' achievements especially with their media appearances
- Visits to tourism locations and businesses