How to Join
Welcome to the Goolwa Tourism 5214 (GT5214) website which provides information for tourism businesses in and around Goolwa. It also complements resources provided by the Goolwa Visitor Information Centre for visitors to this unique region.
Goolwa Tourism 5214 became an incorporated body in 2017 with the aim of working together to grow tourism within the 5214 postcode area of Goolwa, Hindmarsh Island, Mundoo Island, Currency Creek and Mosquito Hill. We support the other south coast towns within the Alexandrina Council region.
Why you should belong to GT5214
Tourism is a major driver of our local economy and we need to work together to develop valuable networks as we improve our tourism businesses, promote sound business strategies and support individuals, businesses and organisations that are part of the local tourism environment. We identify ways to enhance the visitor experience by promoting existing activities and events and addressing possible gaps. Your membership plays a vital role in lifting the quality of tourism experiences within our region.
To do this, we :
- facilitate opportunities for operators and volunteers to visit tourism-related locations within the region
- host quarterly Tourism Gatherings with special speakers and topics of interest
- work with the Alexandrina Council to lift the profile and importance of tourism to the region, especially as it relates to Goolwa
- host dinners and other functions to improve communication, networking and understanding between operators
- maintain our website www.goolwatourism5214.com.au and actively promote our Facebook page. All financial members of GT5214 receive free listings on our website with links, descriptions and photographs
- encourage you to attend the meetings held in The Goolwa Community Hub, corner of Goolwa Terrace and Loveday Street, Goolwa on the first Wednesday of each month where your ideas and suggestions will be welcome
- promote information for business training and seminars offered by the Alexandrina Council, Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism, Regional Development Australia and the Tourism Industry Council of South Australia
- provide event information and activities via an electronic newsletter.
We have a lot to do and look forward to your active involvement in activities that promote our region, increase our knowledge and expertise as tourism operators and develop active links between our amazing tourism businesses.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
GT5214 offers two forms of membership:
Full Membership – Open to any business or organisation. Annual fee for 2020 is $40.00 for 2020 only. Full voting rights.
Full Membership – Open to any individual. Annual fee for 2020 is $40.00. Full voting rights.
Associate Membership – Open to not-for-profit organisations. No annual fee. No voting rights. Associate Membership can be discontinued at any time by writing to the Secretary, 33 Cadell Street, Goolwa SA 5214.
There are several options for submitting your GT5214 membership application.
- You can download the Application for Membership form with your up-to-date contact details, send the completed form to the Treasurer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and arrange a direct bank deposit (details below)
- You can send the completed form and your payment (cheques to be made payable to Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.) to the Treasurer, c/- 33 Cadell Street, Goolwa SA 5214.
- You can complete the Online Membership Application form below and send payment as advised on the Acknowledgement of your application page.
APPLICATION FOR MEMBERSHIP FORM
There are two ways you can submit your application for Membership to Goolwa Tourism 5214. You can complete the online form below and then make your payment using the bank details provided. Or you can download the application form, mail it to us, then make your payment using the bank details provided.
Online Membership Application Form
Download Membership Application Form
Download the the Membership Application Form, mail it to us and then make your membership payment using the bank details below.
Direct Bank Deposit:
Account No: 024 478 640
Name: Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.
Please use business or organisation name plus “Membership” as reference
Cash, Cheque or Money Order (made payable to Goolwa Tourism 5214 Inc.) and post to the Treasurer.
USEFUL LINKS FOR TOURISM OPERATORS
As well as joining Goolwa Tourism 5214, we recommend that you list your business with the Australian Tourism Date Warehouse (ATDW). The South Australian Tourism Commission (SATC) supports SA tourist operators by making it possible to join the ATDW without cost. Find out all the necessary details on the SATC website : https://tourism.sa.gov.au/events-and-industry/industry-support/atdw or contact the Goolwa Visitor Information Centre who can provide assistance.
Also, the following links may be helpful for your business:
- Alexandrina Council - Visitor Information Centre - Business Support - https://www.visitalexandrina.com/business-resources
- Fleurieu Peninsula Tourism - https://fleurieupeninsula.com.au/
- Fleurieu Food - https://fleurieufood.com.au/
- Tourism Industry Council SA (TiCSA) - https://ticsa.com.au/
- Regional Development Australia - Adelaide Hills, Fleurieu, Kangaroo Island - https://rdahc.com.au/
- South Australian Tourism Commission - https://tourism.sa.gov.au/